- Mission: Experiment and study new procedures in the course of lockdown
- Photographer: John Holmes
- Area: Limerick, Ireland
- Package used: Nikon D750 and Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD
From my mid-teenagers onwards I always had a digital camera. I started off with an Instamatic, prior to transferring on to a Nikon F-301 and then a Nikon D80. When I retired in 2010, I decided to focus on images more and acquired a Nikon D300S, a extensive-angle lens and some ND filters. Wondering I experienced this photography point sorted, I went to a coastal images workshop and out of the blue observed out what I didn’t know and what I actually desired to know.
Relocating forward I figured out what I could from books and YouTube, but eventually received much more knowledge and encounter though out shooting with other photographers, moving into camera club competitions and attending workshops.
For the duration of the unexciting days of lockdown (when the chance to vacation for landscape images was really restricted) I made a decision to concentrate on enhancing my software package abilities and make investments time in Adobe Photoshop CC, re-working previous illustrations or photos and working with some newly acquired methods. The good thing is, I come from an IT history and I get as a great deal pleasure processing an graphic as I do capturing an image.
Not numerous persons would enter a floral image to a black-and-white levels of competition, so I submitted the chrysanthemum (higher than) to be distinct. The simplicity of the authentic image with the black-and-white conversion supplied the visual impact I wished. It was taken in our utility space in opposition to a black history with pretty minimal gentle and was processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.
Up subsequent (previously mentioned) is an abstract I reworked from a shot of three red peppers applying a comparable set up to the chrysanthemum graphic, but with two Manfrotto LED mild panels. When the original image was great, it was processed as an abstract employing Photoshop and Lightroom, which I feel turned out far better than the authentic.
The third abstract begun off as a top rated-down impression of a dandelion seed head and was taken outside the house in pure mild (previously mentioned). Again, even though the authentic impression was all right it didn’t convey the visual effect I needed.
The two abstracts had been produced using typical Photoshop filters and procedures I learned on YouTube. A remaining edit was finished in Lightroom to change the shadows, exposure, clarity and texture to include extra punch. I tend to make abstracts from visuals with darkish backgrounds and brightly coloured, isolated subjects – flora is notably great for this.
See more of John’s outstanding function by checking out his 500px site.
Examine a lot more:
Finest Nikon cameras
Ideal macro lenses
Finest vacation cameras
Very best journey tripod