The Andrei Stenin Worldwide Press Image Contest was established on December 22, 2014 by Rossiya Segodnya under the patronage of the Russian Federation’s Fee for UNESCO. The Stenin Contest is the only competitiveness in Russia that discovers new names in intercontinental photojournalism and develops top quality criteria for documentary images. The contest is aimed at supporting younger photograph journalists aged 18 to 33 in their striving for top rated professionalism.
The contest was introduced in memory of Rossiya Segodnya photojournalist Andrei Stenin, who died while on assignment in August 2014.
The contest provides youthful photo journalists an option to make their worries identified. The major themes of the contest involve world humanitarian issues, national identity, social equality and the surroundings. The range of contest members and the countries they arrive from has been developing each and every yr. The contest by itself is gaining reputation also many thanks to the exhibitions of the successful entries, which have become an integral portion of the celebration. They have been held in dozens of nations around the world, including China, South Africa, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Lebanon, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Hungary and Poland.
In 2021 around 4,500 entries from 70 nations around the world were being submitted.
The yearly software period begins on stenincontest.ru|stenincontest.com on December 22, the birthday of Andrei Stenin. The entries will be approved on the contest’s web-site until finally February 28, 2022 in Russian, English and Chinese.
- Major News – a person picture image/collection of pictures
- Sports activities – one picture image/sequence of illustrations or photos
- My World – a person photograph image/collection of images
- A Hero of Our Time – a person image impression/series of pictures
- Topic: Any
- Taking part nations around the world: Any
- Payment: None
– Grand Prix – RUB 700,000 (seven hundred thousand)/about USD 9,500.
– Very first Spot for one picture picture/series of pictures in every classification – RUB 125,000 (just one hundred and twenty-five thousand)/about USD 1700.
– Second Area for a single photograph picture/sequence of illustrations or photos in every single classification – RUB 100,000 (just one hundred thousand)/about USD 1360.
– Third Place for a single picture picture/collection of photographs in each classification – RUB 75,000 (seventy-five thousand)/about USD 1000.
Contest Sponsors could also offer you supplemental prizes.
The 2021 worldwide jury provided best photojournalists and editors from the world’s main periodicals: Alberto Prina, the founder and coordinator of the annual Competition of Ethical Pictures (Festival della Fotografia Etica) held in Lodi, Italy Ruth Eichhorn, freelance Photograph Editor and Curator, former Director of Images for German GEO magazine Yury Kozyrev, Russian photojournalist, Valery Melnikov, Rossiya Segodnya unique correspondent winner of lots of national and international image contests Andreas Trampe, Director of pictures Stern journal Ian Landsberg, African Information Company Picture Director.
Intellectual property: For the purposes of this Contest, the Contest Participants grant the Organizer the ideal to use the Picture Images submitted to the Contest.
Right of use:
For the needs of this Contest, the Contest Contributors grant the Organizer the correct to use the Image Photos submitted to the Contest. Contest Participant concludes the Arrangement with a Contest Organizer by accepting the Supply. Contest Individuals who acknowledged the Present grant the Organizer a non-exclusive license to use the Photograph Images for the purposes of the Contest by the means mentioned in the Provide. The License to use the Photo Images is granted by the Contest Participant free of charge and from the date when the Contest Participant transfers the Photo Pictures to the Organizer by uploading them to the Web page right until the close of the Contest.